How to File a Complaint
If you are the victim of a crime and are not satisfied by the services you have received and/or feel that your rights as a crime victim have been violated, you may request the assistance of the CVO by taking one of the following steps:
Complete the CVO complaint form and submit it to the CVO. This form can be completed on the computer (move through the form using the tab key or your mouse) and printed, or you can print the blank form to fill out by hand. The form must be signed and mailed or faxed to the CVO.
Make a handwritten complaint to the CVO. When compiling your complaint, please be sure to include the following:
- Make a written request to the CVO to conduct a formal inquiry.
- Provide a brief explanation of the criminal incident, attaching copies of incident reports if you have them.
- Clearly and concisely explain your complaint and against whom the complaint is made.
- State what you would like the CVO to do.
- Be sure to include in your complaint your name with original signature, address and a telephone number where you can be reached.
- Select one of the following options to submit your complaint:
Send an addressed envelope to:
Governor’s Office of the Governor
Crime Victims Ombudsman
1205 Pendleton Street, Suite 463
Columbia, SC 29201
Your letter gives the CVO the legal authority to conduct a formal inquiry on your behalf.